Career Opportunity: Game Development Officer - Country Victoria
An AFL Victoria Game Development Officer is primarily responsible for conducting general Australian Football game development programs within the school and community environment.
ABOUT THE AFL
As an organisation, the AFL works tirelessly in all states and at all levels to enhance and grow the game – from grassroots to elite. Together, we put on the game, deliver important events, communicate with our fans, run community programs, develop coaches and umpires, collaborate with partners, delight members, support clubs and so much more. While our roles may vary, we are all united by a common goal, to progress the game so that everyone can share in its heritage and possibilities.
The AFL is committed to promoting and protecting the safety and wellbeing of children and young people in our care. Please note, we undertake several screening processes to ensure this commitment is upheld, this includes ensuring the successful candidate to this position holds a valid employee Working with Children/ Vulnerable People check and a satisfactory criminal history record check.
We are an Equal Opportunity employer and firmly believe that diversity and inclusion is an important part of both the AFL and the communities in which we operate. Our game is for everyone, and we strive to be a workplace for everyone.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.
We are actively seeking applicants in the following areas in Country Victoria and surrounding areas:
- Corangamite Shire
- Swan Hill
ABOUT THE ROLE
An AFL Victoria Game Development Officer is primarily responsible for conducting general Australian Football game development programs within the school and community environment. This role will include assisting with the promotion of AFL School Programming, NAB AFL Auskick Programs, NAB AFL Auskick Check in’s, the NAB AFL Superkick Program, NAB AFL Superkick Check In’s, AFL Nines program delivery and umpiring. Additionally assisting with the Come and Play Programs, Inclusion Programs, Diversity Programs, All Girls Programs, AFL club-based activations and AFL Victoria Promotional activations.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF
- Supporting AFL Victoria’s vision to be regarded as an accountable, respectful and progressive sporting organisation that is responsible for the continued growth of Australian Football in Victoria
- Acting collaboratively in the best interests of the game;
- Providing strong leadership and effective guidance;
- Managing relevant and viable state league competitions that form an integral part of the talent pathway;
- Supporting participation pathways and development programs.
THE IDEAL TEAM MEMBER
- Experience working with Children.
- Demonstrated personal initiative and ability to work effectively unsupervised and in a team environment.
- Well-developed verbal, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Confidence and ability to deliver engaging and positive outcomes with a range of AFL programs.
- A willingness to work outside normal business hours such as evenings and weekends.
- Current Victorian Driver License with access to a motor vehicle.
- Satisfactory Employee Victorian Working with Children Check or willingness to obtain.
- Tertiary qualifications or currently studying Sports Management, Sports Science, Sports Coaching, Recreation, Education or equivalent depth of experience.
- Established ability to bring together and coordinate a diverse range of stakeholders.
Please visit www.afl.com.au/careers/our-organisation
- Play The Day Your Way – a flexible approach to your working life
- My Development – lean into the AFL’s My Development program consisting of on-the-job training, coaching and mentoring, and formal learning
- Play Well – access to our extensive Health and Wellbeing program centered around our belief in a healthy body, healthy mind, and healthy workplace
- My Benefits – with thanks to our AFL Corporate Partners, access great benefits and discounts
- AFL Silver Memberships – permanent team members can access AFL matches at Marvel Stadium and the MCG, enjoy and share the experience of our game with your family and friends!
Applications Close: 27 February 2024
- Hits: 876