Netball Competition Coordinator -
AFL Barwon Position Vacancy
AFL Barwon provides governance and strategy development for Football and Netball across the Barwon region. We are seeking an enthusiastic, and motivated person(s) to coordinate the AFL Barwon Junior Netball midweek competitions.
The Netball Competition Coordinator is primarily responsible for managing and coordinating all onsite venue requirements for the AFL Barwon Junior Netball midweek competitions. The AFL Barwon Junior Netball competitions are run across Tuesday and Friday evenings at multiple venues.
The successful applicant will be responsible for liaising with key stakeholders, clubs, netball umpires, AFL Barwon staff and other valuable groups present at our midweek competitions.
Reporting to the Netball Coordinator, the successful applicant will require:
- Experience around netball competitions and their procedures.
- Excellent verbal communications skills.
- Demonstrated experience in volunteer management.
- Experience in conflict management and skills to deescalate difficult situations.
- Proven ability to work autonomously.
- Demonstrated capacity to plan and schedule differing work demands for oneself and the team to meet deadlines for multiple tasks in a variety of work areas.
- A valid Victorian Working with Childrens Check.
Experience operating PlayHQ or Netball Connect programs, relevant tertiary qualifications and a current first aid certificate are desirable but not essential.
Download full Position Description HERE.
If this sounds like a position for you, please email a cover letter and your resume to Sophie Allison (Head of Netball) –
Applications close at 11:59pm, Wednesday 20th March 2024.